Thursday, February 18, 2010

Saving Money with Store Brand Diapers

I have to admit that I used to be one of "Those" moms that didn't use anything but brand name diapers. I just could not see spending what you do on diapers and having problems with them because you used store brand or not so name brand diapers. So, I didn’t even try. Now that I have had my 2nd child I am a little more willing to experiment with what I put on her. Below you will read my finding on the not so name brands and store brands that I have tried.

Wal-Mart (Parent's Choice):
Over All Review- Dislike them but don't hate them....
  • I can't hate them because I actually haven't had any problems with them yet. I have not had them leak over night or any tabs tear off. 
  • However, they feel very paper like. They just don't have that soft feeling that you have when you touch most modern disposable diapers.
  • They also have a lot of extra paper on the front sides. You know how you lay the front across your babies belly and then pull the tab from the back across the front to affix it? Well right where there is that over lap there is all this extra paper for no particular reason that adds bulk. My baby is on the chunky side so I know it isn't there for kids like her! 
  • Great price, so that is a plus
Target (Up and Up):
Overall Review - LOVE LOVE LOVE
  • They perform as well if not better than Huggies or Pampers. I would buy them all the time if I live in a town where there was a target. I have to settle for stocking up any time I am near one.
  • Great price, about the same as Parent's Choice
  • Not quite as soft as the Pampers, Swaddlers or Cruisers, or Huggies but better than the Pampers Baby Dry
  • They also come in this very cute design of great big blue and green polka dots
CVS Pharmacy
I have yet to try … Come Back Soon For Review

Meijer
I have yet to try… Come Back Soon For Review - But ... I have heard from a good source that they are wonderful! - Thanks Stacy

Luvs (Made by P&G the same company that makes Pampers)
Overall Review: OK, but often times I like the store brand better.
  • They are VERY similar to Pampers: Baby Dry
  • They have some what paper feeling.
  • They have a good price point but store brand is better.
  • They also have a faint perfume smell, you may or may not like this.
Note: I know store brands are a mainly regional thing. Please forgive me if I haven't tried you local brand. Still trying to get to all of the different stores in my area. What? I am a busy working mom! :)

No comments: