Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent in HE Machines

I have had several requests for information on Homemade Laundry Detergent in HE Machines. So I have been doing a little research. What I have found is that most people don't have a problem with it in their HE machine. Reason being... They is simply because of the low suds factor. With HE machines you must have a low suds soap. Because you are actually using so little "Soap" in this detergent there shouldn't be to much of a factor. Now, that being said you will need to watch yourself as to how much you put in. In my original post I note that you should used 1 Tbs. for regular loads and 2 Tbs. for large loads. I have seen several posts in other blogs that have noted that people with HE washers generally use half of what normal washer would. If you know you have a tendency to put in a little more soap then you really should then simply cut back. You may also want to experiment with what happens with your washer. If you find that it suds up a little to much simply cut back. Now, keep in mind I do not have an HE washer! However, if I did I would be willing to experiment a little to see how things work out. If I ever get an HE I will be more than happy to update you on my progress.

No comments: