Monday, December 13, 2010

Hallway Bowling

I know it has been a LONG while since I have posted. Don't hold it against me. It has been a busy few months!


I was looking for a fun activity for Parker and I to do one night with the cold weather and up popped an idea. Parker has been playing with the plastic disposable party cups since Thanksgiving. I know. I am pretty pathetic. Yes they were still out. But at least they were washed! But from his playing came my idea.

I took 12 party cups and filled about the bottom 1/8th of one of the cups with dry macaroni noodles (I am sure that you could us something else for weight also. Just find something else that cleans up easily and that you aren't using at the time. Please keep in mind those cups sometimes do split down the side. What is going to be easy to sweep or pick up?) I then took the other cup and taped it up side down, with packing tape, to the bottom cup (Lip to Lip). Basically it ends up looking like the bottom 1/2 or the fat part of a bowling pin. Continue the same directions for the last 5 pins. I made 6 pins total so that they could be set in the triangle shape easily. You of course could make the full 10 pins if you like. I just didn't have that much Macaroni! :)

Now set the pins up at the end a hallway and get yourself a ball. The rubber balls about kick ball size work best. The walls will act as you bumpers. Have fun! Parker has been playing EVERY night since we made them. Sophia even gets into the act trying to knock them down herself! What a great semi “free” game for the kids.

No comments: