Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Parker

There is no real Tip/Trick/Money Savings in this post. It is just some ramblings about my son, Paker. My little boy is 3 years 10 months. Yesterday I found out that he had yet another ear infection, as does his baby sister. Sophia if fine, this is her first, although it may not be her last, it isn't bad at all. Parker on the other hand is another story. His eardrum proceeded to burst last night, just a few hours after his doctors appointment. For all those of you mom's and dad's out there that have to deal with ear infections on a regular basis I feel for you!

Parker has been plagued from birth with reoccurring ear infections. Here is my theory... Parker was born with Torticollis. (That in itself is another story. I would be happy to discuss with you regarding my findings, all that we went through because of it, and the plagiocephaly he had because of it. Just email me!) For all those of you who do not know what Torticollis is: it is literally defined as "twisted neck". You can find more information at: http://www.torticolliskids.org/  and more information about Plagiocephaly at: http://www.plagiocephaly.info/  If you were to look up Torticollis in rabbits (I Know, Parker Isn't A Rabbit) you will find that more often than not that torticollis is caused by a middle ear infection. Once corrected the ear infection can return if so does the Torticollis. So if it can be caused by an ear infection or an ear infection can cause Torticollis in Rabbits then why not so in humans? I have been told numerous times that there is no relationship in humans. But I digress..... My original intent was not to complain about science or our health care workers but rather to vent that my child has yet another ear infection. augh! We will be looking onto our 3rd set of tubes shortly. Any of you parents out there are considering tubes for your child.... if you would like my advise... do it! I can tell you from my experience. Parker had his first set put in at 7 months. We had 1 infection between then and when they fell out. That was immediately after they were put in. He had his second set put in at 2 years 2 months. We had no infections between then and 2 months ago when the left side tube fell out. The right is still intact. Of course that is the healthy ear. You can see what happened to the other.

2 comments:

Kaira said...

Have you ever tried GOOT? Goot is amazing stuff and I've used it personally. Last time I had a ear infection brewing I whipped mixed up my crushed garlic and olive oil and let it sit 20 min or so. I dipped a cotton ball in it and bandaided it to the outside of my ear. I had relief from the pain in 15 minutes or so. I caught mine early so I did not have issues of recurrence but in your case, I would do this a few times a day for a few days. Bedtime is a good time to let it sit for hours.

Here are a couple of links I found just doing a quick google search. I learned about it years ago at www.welltellme.com

Good luck healing your little guy.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/JacqueDixonSoulRestES/455779/

http://calebnoblebaron.blogspot.com/2008/07/first-ear-infection-at-3-months.html

ParkerandSophiasMom said...

Thanks for the great comments! I will totally be checking out the links. I like to hear how other people deal with the same issues that I am having. And learning new ways to help heal with out the meds. :)