Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Book Review: Danny the Dragon

I LOVE CHILDREN'S BOOKS! Any one who knows me knows that I love children's books and that I have for many years. I was asked recently to do a book review and I jumped at the chance because I just keep my hands off of fun little books for kids. As I stand in line for a register at Wal-Mart I usually pick the lane closest to the book section so that I can pull one off the shelf and entertain myself as I am waiting. :)

Danny and the Dragon:
Danny the Dragon was a great delight in my eyes. How fun and how sweet! I won't spoil the story for you by telling you about it. Ok maybe just a little. It is about a little boy that goes to the beach and gains a new friend and companion. The dragon has such great manners you will want your own children to read it to so they may learn something from them or reinforce the things you have been teaching them. I can not wait for the release for the next in the series to get it for my little guy. To see more information please go to: http://dannythedragon.com/ The book can also be purchased there for $8.95, soft cover. Well, worth it!

Tina Turbin, the author, has also released this book as an audio version and a DVD version. I was excited to watch my little guy (3 1/2 yrs) sit on the bed and flip through to pages as he listened to the story. It reminded me of the days that I sat in my own room and did the same thing with my favorite books. He loved it so much he quickly asked if he could listen again! It is now one of his favorites and asks for it about every day. The DVD was created with the deaf in mind. What a great tool for the classroom or for home if you have deaf child! Although the DVD was created with the deaf in mind it still has a wonderful audio narration with full picture. How Neat!!! To see more information on the author please go to: http://tinaturbin.com/

Tina is also very interested and committed to the research of a gluten free diet and Celiac Disease. If you do or know of anyone you suffers from Celiac Disease it is well worth checking out! http://glutenfreehelp.info/ She generously donates the profits for the audio book to support research and help raise awareness of celiac disease, Columbia University- Celiac Disease Center, Dr. Peter Green

No comments: