Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent Continued!

I had promised way back when to fill you in on how the making and using of the homemade laundry detergent was coming.  I didn't and I am sorry..... But here you go!
1) I love it!
2) I use so much less detergent
3) It is much more eco friendly
4) It is EASY
5) It works very well

Tips:
1) When grating your bar of soap find an old Food Processor that has the grating feature on it and buy it just for this! You can find them at resale shops such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. Then you won't be concerned about using it for your food as well.
2) If you are a mom still using baby formula for you child..... The scoop measures exactly 1 Tbs. Use your old cleaned out can for storage of the mixed detergent and scoop for easy measuring! Perfect! (There I go recycling again!)
3) For hard stains mix a little bit of the detergent with a tiny bit of water to make a paste and put directly on the stain.

Happy Stain Fighting!

No comments: